A Year in Review
The custom bicycle industry continues to thrive thanks to the talent and ingenuity of frame builders throughout the world. We introduced a number of innovative products that accommodate the current and evolving standards of the bicycle industry.
• The PolyDrop. A low mount disc brake dropout that allows for multiple configurations of axle, hub or brake.
• The ToggleDrop, featured on our bike that won best belted mountain bike at NAHBS 2013, has been refined and will be available for sale in early 2014. It has an innovative toggle mechanism that allows for easy belt tensioning and removal of the rear wheel.
• We expanded our selection of dropouts, hangers, and inserts that are compatible with the DT Swiss and Shimano 142 x 12 mm skewers.
• And perhaps our most exciting undertaking was adding titanium tubing to our product line. Our goal is to give frame builders access to high quality, cut-to-length tubing that is free from long lead times and ordering restrictions.
In 2013, as in other years, we appreciated the opportunity to work with our talented and creative customers. Whether frame builder or hobbyist, you make our work more interesting and rewarding, and we appreciate your support.
Here's wishing you and yours happy and healthy holidays!
The Paragon Machine Works Staff
Download the Paragon Machine Works Products and Price List
Take advantage of our holiday discounts through 12/31/13 on items that make great holiday gifts.
- • PMW wool blend socks by Sock Guy, only $10!
- Although these socks are a new addition to our product line, our staff is already in love with their style, comfort, and warmth. Made from 75% isowool, 15% nylon, and 10% spandex, they are black with a 5" cuff that features the PMW logo in bright pink on both sides, and "Paragon Machine Works" in bright pink bone lettering on the bottoms. Available in small/medium (shoe sizes 5 - 9) and large/x-large (shoes sizes 9 - 13). Discount taken at check out.
- • 15% off bottle openers, t-shirts, and candle holders.
- Our attractive, lightweight, and durable bottle openers never go out of style, and you won't either in one of our 100% cotton 30th Anniversary t-shirts. Brighten up your holiday table with a pair of our gorgeous candle holders made from black zinc-plated 1045 steel. Discount taken at check out.
• 25% off our sterling silver Skull and Crossbones earrings.
• Killer Combo Deal
- Receive a beautiful set of custom made candle holders FREE with the purchase of two or more of the above items. No special item code needed, we'll know!
We will be closed on the following dates to enjoy the holidays with friends and family; please place your orders in advance.
Staff Appreciation Luncheon
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM (two hours only), Friday, December 20th
Tuesday, December 24th and Wednesday, December 25th
Tuesday, December 31st and Wednesday, January 1st
May your holidays be filled with happiness and good cheer!
Our new PolyDrop inserts are made from 6061 aluminum and are compatible with a 135 x 10 skewer. The left side inserts are for Rohloff/disc brake applications and are available with (PA432 - bare, PB432 - black) and without (PA422 - bare, PB422 - black) eyelets. The right side inserts have no hanger for single speed applications and are also available with (PA445 - bare, PB445 - black) and without (PA437 - bare, PB437 - black) eyelets.
Titanium Double Cable Stops
We have four new CP titanium double cable stops available in 1-3/8" (CS0210 - front, CS0211 - rear) and 1-1/2" (CS0212 - front, CS0213 - rear) miters. They are 9 mm long and have one 6 mm hole x 8 mm deep, and a 3/32" slot to clear all cables. Based on two 9 mm circles with two ears forming the miter, they are meant to be fusion welded to the tube, eliminating the need for any filler material at the weld.
Shimano Direct Mount Hangers
Coming soon (after they get back from the platers)! Our newest Shimano Direct mount hangers, DR4024 (bare) and B4024 (black), are made from 7075 aluminum and are compatible with all of our 1-1/8" round, rear dropouts.
Charlotte, North Carolina, March 14 - 16, 2014
We will be exhibiting our products at the 2014 North American Handbuilt Bicycle Show in Booth #714. This is one of our favorite venues, showcasing the work of some of the finest frame builders in the United States. We are offering a 20% discount off our 1 – 9 price on all frame components purchased for use on a NAHBS 2014 bike through March 1st, 2014.
The following restrictions apply:
1) Phone/e-mail/fax orders only; sorry, no online orders
2) One order/customer.
3) Early Bird Special discount must be mentioned at time order is placed; no retroactive discounts allowed.
4) 20% discount good from December 2nd through March 1st, 2014.
5) Components must be used on a bike frame that will be exhibited at NAHBS 2014.
We encourage you to explore some of our newer products when planning your bike builds: the PolyDrop, and our Shimano Direct Mount derailleur options. Feel free to call us if you need assistance in choosing the optimal product for your NAHBS frame.
As of January 1, 2014 we will no longer have a photo gallery on our website. We have found that social media sites, personal websites, and the internet better meet this need. Thank you to all our customers who sent us pictures of their beautiful work, and we apologize for any disappointment this may cause.
Sign Up for our Monthly E-Newsletter
Our monthly newsletter will let you know about our new products, events that we will be attending, and provide you with useful information on bicycle fabrication. We value your privacy and do not share your personal information with third parties. If you sign up to receive our newsletter you will receive a confirmation e-mail.