Personal information provided on the website and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server. We are committed to handling your personal information with high standards of information security. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. Our website uses encryption technology, like Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number. Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
Because we respect your privacy, we have implemented procedures to ensure that your personal information is handled in a safe, secure, and responsible manner.
- Acquisition of information: we do not acquire any more information about consumers than is required by law or is otherwise necessary to provide a high level of service efficiently and securely.
- Our employees and privacy: we train all of our employees about the importance of privacy. We give access to information about consumers only to those employees who require it to perform their jobs.
- Security measures: we make access to privacy-sensitive information subject to rigorous procedural and technological controls, consistent with legal requirements and the demands of customer service.
You may browse the website without providing any personally identifiable information. We collect and store personally identifiable information when you shop with Paragon Machine Works, Inc. online, and by email, fax or phone. This inlcudes: your name, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, mobile telephone number, e-mail address, and payment information. When you visit this website, our web server automatically collects anonymous information such as log data and IP addresses. We only use this data to resolve technical issues and to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website.
How Information is Used
We use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
- To complete your purchase transactions.
- To send information and communications electronically.
- To provide the services you request.
- To notify you of product recalls.
Sharing of Information
- Service Providers: We disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we work with outside shipping companies. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in our agreements with them.
- Compliance with Law: We may provide access to information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to limit our legal liability, and to protect our rights or to protect the rights, property, or safety of visitors of this website or the public. Paragon Machine Works, Inc. does not provide information to third parties for analysis, informational, advertising or promotional purposes.
Cookies and Web Beacons
A "cookie" is a small data file stored by your Web browser on your computer or mobile device [hard drive]. It allows us to recognize your computer (but not specifically who is using it) upon entering our site by associating the identification numbers in the cookie with other customer information you have provided us. That customer information is stored on our secured database. A "web beacon" or "pixel tag" or "clear gif" is typically a one-pixel image, used to pass information from your computer or mobile device to a website.
Online Account Registration
To make online shopping faster and easier, you may register on the Paragon Machine Works, Inc. website. As a registered customer, you only have to enter your shipping addresses and billing information once; they will be securely stored with us for your future use. Using your name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information.
If you are using a public computer, we strongly encourage you to LOG OUT at the conclusion of your session. Your information will still be stored with us but it will not be accessible to anyone else from that computer.
Paragon Machine Works, Inc. sends out a monthly E-Newsletter that provides you with information about new and existing products, upcoming events, and business updates. You can sign up for our newsletter by entering your e-mail address and choosing "Subscribe" at the bottom right of our home page. If you no longer want to receive our newsletter you can click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the e-mail containing the newsletter.
If you have questions or need further information, please contact us:
Phone: (510) 232-3223