This is a right side (drive-side) replaceable insert for our 44 degree PolyDrop assembly that is compatible with the Shimano E-Thru 12 mm skewer only . Made from 6061 aluminum, it has no hanger for single-speed applications and two M5 x .8 eyelets. Includes five M5 x .8 oval-head cap screws made from black zinc-plated steel.
Included is a 14 mm long retainer and M4 x 8 mm button head cap screw that hold the Shimano nut captive. There are nine notches in the retainer that index the notches on the nut. This allows the closed position of the skewer to be adjusted every 40 degrees for optimal location. If none of these positions work, the retainer can be flipped over to utilize nine more positions that are 20 degrees out of phase from the original positions.
- Frames built for 135 mm x 10 mm spacing can use this insert with a 142 x 12 mm skewer (nothing wider).
- The torque specification for our PolyDrop steel screws is 7Nm or 60 inch pounds. Make sure that the insert and screws are clean. Use Blue Loctite (243) or other equivalent thread locking compound.
- Skewers are available at a 23% discount from Related Products below (discount taken in cart) . Limit one skewer discount per insert.
- Skewer and insert compatibility is only guaranteed when used with a compatible Paragon Machine Works product.
- Sorry, no returns on skewers. Please check skewer drawings for measurements before ordering.
- We are not able to advise or make recommendations on compatibility with products that are not manufactured by us.
Item sold as 8 piece set.