Paragon Machine Works Spline Head Skewers
In an effort to streamline and simplify our selection of skewers, we now make our own tool-free Paragon Machine Works Spline Head Skewer. Our selection includes:
- 12 mm rear skewers that are compatible with all our M12 x 1.5 rear inserts, and dropouts made to the current Shimano mountain standards; available for 142, 148, 157, 177 and 197 mm hubs.
- 12 mm rear skewers for the Syntace X-12 System; available for 142, 148, 157, 177 and 197 mm hubs.
- 15 mm front skewers are available for our dropouts with an integral thread and for 100, 110, 135, 142 and 150 mm hubs.
- 15 mm front skewers for RockShox and Fox forks are available for 100 and 110 mm hubs.
- 12 mm front skewers are available for 100 and 110 mm hubs and 12 mm Enve forks.
Our Spline Head Skewers offer a number of benefits over other versions on the market:
- By pulling the handle away from the skewer, the handle can easily be rotated to any of 22 positions; this allows for positioning the handle anywhere that is convenient, and for clearance of other components such as brakes or racks.
- The 5 mm hex opposite the handle can be used to tighten the skewer more than what can be done with the handle alone. In the rare event that the handle fails, this hexagon can also be used to remove the skewer.
- A handle design that is easier to pull, particularly with gloves on.
- A spline that is integral to the skewer.
Once we have all our Spline Head skewers available, we will no longer re-stock our Shimano and DT Swiss skewers.
NEW Paragon Machine Works Combo Head Skewers
In addition to our Spline Head skewers, we now make Combo Head skewers for 15 mm RockShox and Fox front forks; available for 100 and 110 mm hubs.
We have added a new tube block to our selection, FT4028. It measures 3" SQ x 2-1/4" long with a 46 mm bore.
Inserts for Sliding Dropouts
Our two newest inserts for our sliding dropouts are threaded M12 x 1.5 and have a Shimano Direct Mount hanger that is compatible with the Shimano mountain standard for Direct Mount derailleurs. They are available in bare (DR4144) and black anodized (B4144) 6061 aluminum. Compatible skewers can be found under Related Products on the product page and are available at a 23% discount with the purchase of a compatible insert. Inserts that are compatible with the road standard are coming soon.
Stainless Steel 12 mm Low Mount Disc Dropouts
Our 12 mm low mount disc dropouts are now available in stainless steel. We offer them in 48 and 58 degree angles, with and without eyelets. For more product information click here.
Titanium 12 mm Front Dropout
We have a new 6/4 titanium flanged front dropout, DR0050. It measures 1-3/8" OD, has a 1-3/8" flange and an integral M12 x 1.5 thread. Compatible skewers are available at 23% off when purchased with the dropout, see the product page for details.
Steel Button Head Cap Screws for Adjustable Dropouts
Our supplier of our steel BHCS went out of business so we're now sourcing them from a different vendor. As a result, all our adjustable dropout (Rocker and Sliding) bolts will eventually change from BARE to BLACK zinc plated screws. We think they look quite nice and hope that you do too.