This is a right side (drive) replacement insert for all of our flat or flanged sliding dropouts and is compatible with the Shimano E-Thru 12 mm skewer only
. It is made from black anodized 6061 aluminum and has a derailleur hanger for multi-speed applications. The center of the axle to the center of the derailleur bolt is 1.180".I
ncluded is a 14 mm long retainer and M4 x 8 mm button head cap screw that hold the Shimano nut captive. There are
nine notches in the retainer that index the notches on the nut. This allows
the closed position of the skewer to be adjusted every 40 degrees for
optimal location. If none of these positions work, the retainer can be
flipped over to utilize nine more positions that are 20 degrees out of
phase from the original positions.Important Information
1) For useful information on adjustable dropouts, including torque values for our bolts, click here
2) Frames built for 135 mm x 10 mm spacing can use this insert with a 142 x 12 mm skewer (nothing wider).
3) Choose the appropriate skewer based on the right side insert.
4) Skewers are available at a 23% discount with the purchase of a compatible insert: one skewer discount per insert, discount taken in cart, see drop down menu on this page.
5) Skewer and insert compatibility is only guaranteed when used with a compatible Paragon Machine Works product.
6) Sorry, no returns on skewers.
Please check skewer drawings for measurements before ordering.
7) We are not able to advise or make recommendations on compatibility with products that are not manufactured by us.
Item sold as 3 piece set.
Discounts are based on quantities ordered; we do not offer additional dealer discounts.