We will be closed on Monday, September 5th
for Labor Day
Downie River Trail Daze
September 17th, Quincy, CA
You are invited to join Paragon Machine Works, Paul Component Engineering and the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship on Saturday, September 17th for a day of great riding, hiking, and giving back to the trails of Downieville. Through the adoption of the Downie River Trail in 2015, and their support of the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship and the Downieville Trail System, Paul and Paragon remain committed to building and maintaining quality trails and their accessibility to future generations.
- 8:00 am - Meet at Yuba Expeditions in downtown Downieville, CA. Coffee and bagels will be provided as well as a lunch spread so you can pack a lunch.
- 8:30 am - After a briefing with the crew about the planned trail work, head out on your bike or moto to the bridge on the Downie River Trail. The trail crew will have tools, safety eqipment, snacks and beverages for you there.
- 3:00 pm - After a day of biking, hiking and digging in the dirt, head back to Yuba Expeditions for a volunteer appreciation BBQ. We'll be serving up burgers, Cosbey's magic beans and delicious brews from the Brewing Lair of the Lost Sierra.
What to bring: water, sunscreen, pack, close toe shoes, work gloves, eye protection (sunglasses).
What's provided: All food, tools, and safety equipment.
All volunteers will receive a custom titanium bottle opener courtesy of Paragon Machine Works (after working a full day and while supplies last). Volunteers must sign a waiver prior to starting work. No experience is needed to participate, all are welcome!
Paragon Machine Works News
Download the Paragon Machine Works Products and Price List
Brass Barrel Nuts
Add a little pop of color to one of our post caliper mounts by pairing it with our newest 6 mm barrel nut made from 360 brass. See the pull down menu on the caliper mount product pages to make your selection. They are also available for individual sale, BK5012.
Grinduro, October 8th
- Paragon Machine Works will join the Meet Your Maker Tour in hosting an aide station at Grinduro in Quincy, CA. It will be located at the end of the ride and include a swimming hole and rope swing, snacks and refreshing beverages, and great company. Don't miss the handbuilt bicycle display that will be held on site Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. You're welcome to join in this fun event even if you're not registered to ride.
- Biketoberfest, October 15th
We will have a booth at Biketoberfest, a lively event held in Fairfax, CA. Biketoberfest is a free celebration of bikes, live music, food, family fun, and a stellar brewfest! This fun-filled celebration is for everyone: commuters, roadies, mountain bikers, BMXers, fixies, cargo-carriers, e-bikers, touring aficionados and even the bike-curious!
When: Saturday, October 15, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Where: Fair Anselm Plaza, 765 Center Blvd., Fairfax, CA
Brewfest: Sampling of 35 beers from 20 California brewers in a souvenir glass for just $40 (buy in advance and save)!
We would like to give a hearty welcome to Doug who is our newest machine operator. He likes working with his hands, making things, solving problems, and whacking things with a mallet. Between this, his electrical engineering background, and his experiences as a pro bike mechanic, he fits right in at Paragon. When Doug isn't working you can find him out riding his bike and playing board games.
Giving BackParagon Machine Works donates 100% of all revenues from the sale of our bottle openers and promotional items to non-profit organizations that promote bicycle safety, awareness, and community. In July and August we donated $800 to Rich City Rides. For the month of September all sales revenue will go to the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship in support of the Downie River Trail Daze (see above for more details).
We appreciate your support!
Total amount donated to date: $18,814
• Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition • National Interscholastic Cycling Association • Friends of China Camp • SF Urban Riders (McLaren Bike Park) • Bike East Bay • Friends of Tamarancho • In Memory of Tom Polermo • Marin Museum of Bicycling • The Friends of Stafford Lake Bike Park • VetBikes.org • Bay Area Outreach & Recreation Program • Charlie Cunningham Medical Fund • Gearing Up • Trips for Kids • One Tam • PB SOC • Chako Pit Bull Rescue and Advocacy • Rich City Rides
Sign Up for our Monthly E-Newsletter
Our monthly newsletter will let you know about our new products, events that we will be attending, and provide you with useful information on bicycle fabrication. We value your privacy and do not share your personal information with third parties. If you sign up to receive our newsletter you will receive a confirmation e-mail.